How to Make Homemade Granola Bars

Granola bars are a favorite snack in my house. My preschooler likes them for a snack and my husband and I grab one each morning for a quick breakfast. Between the three of us, we can go through at least 2 boxes a week. I think we have tried every variety of organic granola bars offered at both our local grocery store, as well as Whole Foods, but we can never seem to agree on a favorite. When my son suggested we make homemade granola bars, I jumped at the idea. I took a look at a few recipes online and adjusted them to my family's taste. 

Chewy Organic Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
Ingredients
  • 3 cups organic rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries (chopped)
  • 3 tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp. chocolate (chopped) 
  •  
Organic Cranberry Chocolate Granola Bar Ingredients





1. Start by combining the oats and chopped dried cranberries in a large bowl.

Organic Oats and Cranberries


2. In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil, honey, and brown sugar. Once the mixture begins to bowl, lower your hear to a simmer and stir for another minute.

3.Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.

4. Pour the hot and gooey mixture over the oats and stir until the oats and cranberries are well coated.

5. Using wax paper evenly press the mixture into a 13x9x2 in. pan coated with cooking spray.

6. Lastly, spoon chopped chocolate on top and press evenly again with wax paper.

7. Cool for a few hours (I placed the bars in the refrigerator for an hour or so to harden.)

8. Cut into granola sized bars and enjoy!

The granola bars turned out delicious! I kept a few out for the week and wrapped the rest in wax paper and froze to have later in the week.

Delicious Homemade Organic Granola Bars- Ready to Cut and Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment